Saturday 1 November 2008

1st november

hi,everyone sorry i have`nt blogged for a while been to Oman. we all drove to Abdul`s cousins house in Oman to go to an engagement party .it was lovely to see so many different members of the family .we also met Abduls mum ,she was so tiny!! and so hospitable ,she kept filling our plates with food. The girls all had lovely dresses and the girl who got engaged was lovely .this was the first time anyone had met her !!! they call it a milcha. although they are engaged it is also the wedding but they don`t live together untill they have the wedding celebration which is usually in the summer.poor things have to live apart til then. it`s the weekend now as they have friday & saturday off the children go back to school on Sunday!!it`s very confusing for me & my mum .hopefully next week i can get some sun as i`m still white not had any time to sit by the pool or any sunbathing i shall be mad if i`ve been in temperatures of 38 % and not got a tan lol .been swimming in the pool but only at night when the sun is gone !! it1s still 29 so lovely for swimming before going to bed .hope everyone had a good Halloween they don`t celebrate it here so missed out lol i bet Sam looked great dressed as dracula can`t wait to see photo`s. speak again later .....

2 comments:

CarolineThomas said...

Sam looked absolutely gorgeous but as it's so flipping cold over here we decided not to take him out as he just got over that cold and I am ill.
Why have you only been swimming at night? I would love to go swimming in the evening before bed, sounds lovely.
What strange customs they have. I can't belive Abduls mum is tiny as he is such a man mountain, quite a surprise I bet!
Can't wait until you are home now I'm really missing you. Hope you have some thermals because you are going to die when you feel the cold over here!

CarolineThomas said...

Please can you tell Juanita, Nabeela, Arawa, Alyasia, Abdul, Khalid, Adul and Jean I say hi and send my love and tell Nan I'm looking forward to her coming home as I didn't see her for about a month before she went away I can't wait to see you both and the pictures!